I have been in the recruitment business for many #years, meet and speak with many frustrated and discouraged #candidates daily.
Are you currently in the #job market facing this situation? In case you are, please realize that the #life #cycle of a job search is a campaign. Each campaign requires a predetermined clear vision, strategy and a clear direction. Only then you will have a successful #outcome. Job search is a #process, it requires determination, vision, strategy, timeline, diligence, discipline, patience, efficiency, ingenuity, creativity, and most importantly a “I can and will #succeed attitude”.
Your job search campaign requires important and crucial questions answered:
- What are my short- and long-term goals?
- Which position meets the most important aspect of my career currently?
- Which environment best fits my values, work style and personality?
- What are my current skills and experiences?
- Which accomplishments am I most proud of in my career so far?
- What makes me a unique and valued candidate?
- What are my strengths?
- What are my weaknesses?
- Which areas do I need to improve in?
- What is my ideal annual or hourly remuneration?
- What makes me stand out so that the potential employer will make me an employment offer?
Based on the answers to these questions comes the most important one: Does the job I am applying to meets most of these criteria?
Other questions may be applicable only to you – you are the “boss” of your search. Ensure you communicate your answers effectively and clearly during an in-person interview.